AgingInvestor.com is the only expert source to combine decades of experience in elder law, geriatric nursing, finance, and clinical psychology.
We are a unique team that advises, guides and provides solutions for professionals as they prepare for aging investor issues during an era of the most substantive wealth transfer in history.
Our education, expertise and guidance helps organizations and professionals grapple with issues of diminished capacity and dementia when managing financial and estate matters. These issues include handling conflict, communication,and planning issues for the investors, family members and loved ones. They are knowledgeable and experienced commentators on issues related to legal and financial planning, long-term care, communication with elders, and avoiding and coping with crises such as elder driving accidents and abuse.
Contact: Dr. Mikol Davis,
Click HERE to download our bios and speakers kit .
About Ms. Rosenblatt
Carolyn L. Rosenblatt, R. N., B.S.N., Attorney at Law
Ms. Rosenblatt is a Registered Nurse with ten years of nursing and thirty-one years of experience as a practicing attorney, representing individuals with injuries, and elder neglect. She has extensive experience in elderly care. She is also an experienced mediator, helping resolve conflicts.
Ms. Rosenblatt received her nursing diploma at O’Connor Hospital School of Nursing in 1969, her B.S. in Nursing. from the University of San Francisco in 1971 and her Juris Doctor degree from the University of San Francisco in 1978.
She began the parent organization to AgingInvestor.com (AgingParents.com) with her husband, Dr. Davis in 2005 to fill the need for a multi-disciplinary approach to assisting with the needs families and their aging loved ones. She is the author of many articles, and is published in professional journals. She also authored The Boomer’s Guide to Aging Parents, which focuses on legal, healthcare and family issues, in 2009.
Areas of Expertise For Media Questions
- Elder law
- Capacity for financial decision-making
- Durable power of attorney (for finances)
- Healthcare directives (aka “living will”, or power of attorney for healthcare)
- “Do not resuscitate” orders
- Elder rights
- Elder abuse & elder neglect
- Nursing homes & assisted living
- Driving rights for aging persons
- Family disputes about elders
- Caregiver disputes
- Elder mediation
- Assessment of elders for financial capacity
- Home care agencies
- The Boomers Guide To Aging Parents, The Complete Guide, published by AgingParents.com, Amazon Books, 2010
- Family Guide to Aging Parents, published by Familius, April, 2015
- Guide to Working With Aging Clients, published by American Bar Association, June, 2015
- Succeed With Senior Clients: A Financial Advisor’s Guide To Best Practices, published by AgingInvestor.com, June 2016
- AARP Bulletin:“Who’s Helping Your Parents?” September 28, 2009
- Forbes.com, Janet Novak, Bureau Chief, , “New Online Services Could Help Elders Manage Money,Avoid Financial Abuse” Aug 2014.
- NextAvenue.org/blog. Richard Eisenberg, “Can You Afford Your Parents’ Longer Lives? 6 tips for the fear buried inside many boomers.”
- Wall Street Journal, “Are You on the Hook for Mom’s Nursing-Home Bill,?” June 2012
- Family Safety and Health, “Time to Hand Over the Keys”, National Safety Council, Fall 2012
Radio and TV
- Plan Strong Radio with David D. Holland, CFP, October 3,2016.What to Do About Your Loved One’s Physical or Mental Decline, http://planstrongerradio.com/
- Goldstein on Gelt, Aging parents and loss of financial capacity, www.goldsteinongetl.com/show-notes/January-5th-2015
- NPR Radio, All Thing Considered, “Talking To Your Parents About Money”, May 19, 2011
- Mike Bonocorsi Radio Show, April 24, 2013, “How To Know If Your Aging Parents Are Losing It”
- KRON TV October 2009, “Caring for an aging parent, how to prepare and be financially aware”
Speaking Engagements for Carolyn Rosenblatt & Dr. Mikol Davis
(additional list available on request)
- “Successful Aging”, Marin County Psychological Association, May 2012, Larkspur, CA
- “The Grey Zone Measuring Capacity for Making Financial Decisions”, Marin County Section on Aging, August, 2012, San Rafael, CA
- “Enriching Our Understanding of Communication With Aging Clients About Wealth Transfer”, Institute For Preparing Heirs, Pepperdine University, February 2012, Malibu, CA
- “Decisions, Decisions, The Complexities of Cognitive Impairment”, California Assisted Living Assn., June 2012, Santa Clara, CA
- “Managing The Grey Zone: Partially Incapacitated Elders”, Professional Fiduciary Association of California, April 2012 Convention, Monterey, CA
- “The $4 million Rip-off: Is Anyone Paying Attention?” Tiburon Public Library, February 2013, Tiburon, CA
- “Protecting Yourself As A Financial Planner For Aging Clients”, Northern California Financial Planning Assn., May 2012, Napa, CA
- “Are They Losing It? How Financial Planners Can Tell If A Client Can Make Decisions”, Financial Planning Assn. of Napa Valley, May 2012, Napa, CA
- “The Grey Zone of Financial Capacity, When it’s Neither Black Nor White”, National Academy Of Elder Law Attorneys, April 2012, San Francisco, CA
- “Using Mediation to Resolve Conflicts” of American Society of Aging and NCOA, March, 2010, Chicago, Ill.
- “How to Be an Advocate Without Being a Pain”, Northern California Chapter, Alzheimer’s Association, November 2011, Napa, CA.
- “Taking Emotional Control in Caring for Aging Parents”, Morgan Stanley, Client University, 2011, Pasadena, CA
- Ten Things We Can Do Now To Deal Wisely With Aging Parents, Morgan Stanley, Women and Wealth Conference, February 2011, Walnut Creek, CA.
- “Are You a Dangerous Driver? How to Decide, What to Do,” Winchime Assisted Living, November 2010, Marin County CA.
- “Our Aging Loved Ones, the Legal Issues Everyone Should Know”, Accredited continuing education for The American Association of Nurse Attorneys’, March 2009, Oakland, CA
Additional Published Works & Mentions
- Miami Herald – Baby boomers juggle caring for kids and parents
- FORBES.com Boomers’ Burden: Aging Parents Who Shouldn’t Drive
- FORBES.com How To Handle Aging Parent’s Pets
- FORBES.com Protect Your Aging Parents From Financial Fraud
- Latest Radio Interview with Carolyn Rosenblatt
- Planning for health care costs, featured article in the Erickson Tribune
- Where Are We Sending Our Elders?
- Elder Mediation Video, see how it can work for you
- A Legal Wake Up Call for Boomers
- Example of Elder Abuse
- KRON-TV, See Carolyn Rosenblatt interview on Financial Advice & Aging Parents
- Experience , Sr.Lawyers’ Div., American Bar Assn., “Mediating Elder Disputes in Assisted Living Facilities” Vol. 19, No. 1, 2009.
- North Bay Biz Magazine , “Taking Care”, June 2008.
- Nursing Management , “Using Mediation in Care Facilities,” February, 2008.
- Marin County Bar Association News Letter , “Healthcare Mediation: Newer Twist on an Old Method” 2004.
- Journal of Psychiatric Nursing , Vol. 10, No. 4, August 1971, “Isolation and Resistance in the Elderly.”
Dr. Mikol Davis,
Family Conflict & Geriatric Psychologist, Author, Consultant to Financial Advisors
About Dr. Davis
Dr. Davis received his doctorate in Psychology from the University of San Francisco in 1980. He has worked in community hospitals with geriatric patients suffering from dementia, depression, and other psychiatric problems. As part of a comprehensive mental health team he has been actively involved in the assessment, treatment, and placement of clients in community treatment programs.
Dr. Davis has taught communication skills and psychological theory and counseling at the community college and university level, and has conducted communication skills workshops. He has appeared in local newspapers, and local media to discuss current psychological issues. He has a broad range of experience in treating clients of all ages.. He is a skilled mediator; often working with families to develop written plans to reduce conflict.
Areas of Expertise For Media Questions
- Depression in aging & general depression
- Family disputes & family dynamics
- Coping with loss & general coping skills
- Maintaining mental health
- Communication skills
- Improving dysfunctional relationships
- Setting limits
- Caregiver burnout
- Inter-generational conflicts
- Adjusting to retirement
- Emotional adjustment to aging
- Loss of spouse issues
- How people learn
- Learning new skills
- Attention deficit
- Developmental disability
- Elder mediation
Dr. Mikol Davis and Carolyn Rosenblatt, co-founders of AgingInvestor.comCarolyn Rosenblatt, RN, Elder Law Attorney offers a wealth of experience with aging to help you create tools so you can skillfully manage your aging clients. You will understand your rights and theirs so you can stay safe and keep them safe too. Dr. Mikol Davis, Psychologist, Gerontologist offers depth of knowledge about diminished financial capacity in older adults to help you strategize best practices so you can protect your vulnerable aging clients. AgingInvestors.com offers accredited cutting edge on-line continuing education courses for financial professionals wanting to expand their expertise in best practices for their aging clients. To learn more about our courses click HERE